Wednesday, March 26, 2008

my journey begins

My lifelong journey has begun. I, like many women, have wanted to have children since I was a child myself. I never imagined that I would be where I am today, 37, single, and yet to be a mother. My expectation was to be married, and to have at least 3 children by now. However, I have come to grips with the reality of "you cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need" (thanks Mick). I knew it was never an option to not have children. I knew, somehow, someway, I would become a mother. I have had many attempts, from adoption, to medical procedures only to end up distraught and saddened that my dream was not being fulfilled. Today I do not dwell on the past, and what didn't happen for me and why. I am very much a believer in destiny, fate and that our path unfolds for us exactly the way it was intended to. So now, I am here, and I couldn't feel more right about the decision I have made to adopt a child from Ethiopia. From the moment i researched it, I became intrigued, excited and energized. In the weeks to follow, and after endless research, I knew — this was where I am supposed to be today—and I am doing what was intended for me to do. From the need, the babies, the people, to the beautiful country of Ethiopia. I am driven now, and I will bring home my first baby from Ethiopia. When somethings feels this right I become more than just hopeful—I believe. So my journey begins— as well as all the paperwork, the waiting, the roller coaster of emotions— but most importantly, the journey begins.

No comments: