Tuesday, July 29, 2008
chasing paper
Well...its been quite some time since I have posted. A lot has gone in the last several months—from moving into my new house, completing a volunteer mission in ghana, west africa, and of course, lots and lots of adoption paperwork. But I feel like I am getting somewhere today, which I think was sparked by receiving my FBI clearance and completing my home visit with my case worker last week. So I am now waiting for my home study to be edited, approved by my agency and sent to CIS in order to receive my I71-H. That will complete my dossier as well and it will be on its way for authentication. So being on the official wait list for a referral, which once seemed so far away is nearing—and im thrilled to be getting closer to that stage. No more paperwork for a while...just more waiting. The notary at M&T bank that I have befriended since I see her every other day will wonder what has happened to me. Although she now knows my whole story and looks forward to meeting my little peanut when I have him/her home. As to be expected in international adoption, the bumps along the road has made me anxious, uncertain and worried— but I am staying focused and positive and I know that soon enough, when it is meant to be, I will be bringing home my baby from Ethiopia. Every day I am one step closer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So glad that milestones are being achieved. You are truly a wonderful person with a loving soul. Your dream will come true. I don't think there is a more loving person in the world to raise a child. I'm sure there will be more paperwork for your M&T friend as your dream comes closer. Can't wait to meet your little peanut. Stay positive.
Chris
Post a Comment