Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Five Months
Five months has passed since I was placed on the wait list, paperwork and documents complete and in Ethiopia. I am watching single women being approved in court and bringing their babies home which is encouraging. It's hard not to think that if the limitation on singles was not put into place at the end of last year, that I would be bringing home my baby this year—likely in the next 6 months. There has been no word on the laws changing and I continue to be hopeful that singles will not be eliminated all together from adopting in Ethiopia. So, I try not to focus on it, but I try to stay positive and know that what is meant to be, will be. I know that I was meant to be a mom. I know that I have a great deal of passion for adopting a child in need, particularly from Ethiopia. I know I will pray, hope, and think positively about this venture coming to an end with a trip to Ethiopia to pick up my son or daughter next year. The rest, I will leave up to my higher power and trust that he/she/them.... knows, and will do what is best for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Lisa! We are both going to get our referrals very soon! Hang in there. If you ever need someone to chat with, I'm here!
Post a Comment